Welcome to OHFA's resource center for lenders. We are pleased to partner with a network of lenders to provide homebuyer products throughout the state of Ohio. OHFA offers homebuyer loans, down payment assistance, mortgage tax credits and other products to qualified buyers. Our goal is to make sure our lending partners understand the OHFA loan process. We offer a variety of resources, including in-office trainings for lending staff. For questions about our programs or becoming an OHFA enrolled lender, please contact our Business Development Manager, Thomas Walker at 614.466.9920.
Participating lenders can use our password-protected online system to submit loan reservations, check loan status, download pre-filled product forms and view updates and special product announcements. Visit Lender Online to log on and get started now.
Becoming an OHFA Expert
This course will review all aspects of OHFA programs, loan processing, down payment assistance and mortgage tax credits. Eligibility criteria and program combinations will be reviewed, so mortgage professionals understand how these programs can help their clients achieve homeownership.
Mortgage Tax Credit
This course will provide an in-depth review of OHFA's Mortgage Tax Credit Program, which can save homebuyers thousands of dollars over the life of their mortgage.
Lender Online, Processing, Closing and Post-Closing
This course is presented in video format and teaches the learner how to use the Lender Online Reservation System.
OHFA Home Purchase Options
A comparison of available OHFA single family purchase products detailing eligibility requirements, income limits, interest rates, loan types, credit scores and fees:
- OHFA Home Purchase Options At-A-Glance (363 KB Adobe PDF file)
- FHA Weatherization Fact Sheet (484 KB Adobe PDF file)
Become an OHFA Lending Partner
Learn how you can take advantage of OHFA Homeownership Products to help more Ohioans achieve homeownership. Please view the participation requirements in the section below. To become a participating lender please contact:
Business Development Manager
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Contact Tom Walker
In an effort to assist homeowners who are trying to refinance their mortgages, OHFA has established policies regarding subordinations. Subordination requests may result from an OHFA mortgage or from the Hardest Hit Funds under the program names of Restoring Stability or Save the Dream Ohio.
OHFA Mortgages: If the lien resulted from an OHFA mortgage product using a second mortgage, there is a fee for the subordination. Detailed instructions regarding the process, fee and the subordination request form are below:
- Subordination Policy Fact Sheet (854 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Subordination Request Form (157 KB Adobe PDF File)
Restoring Stability or Save the Dream Ohio: If the lien resulted from the Restoring Stability or Save the Dream Ohio programs, there is no fee required to subordinate a mortgage originating from assistance using Hardest Hit Funds. Restoring Stability and Save the Dream Ohio mortgages are held by Ohio Homeowner Assistance, LLC.
The best way to reach OHA is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also be reached by phone at 614.545.7839, but it takes much longer for a response.
Phone: 1.800.989.8448 or 614.545.7839
Buyers can add one or more of the following options to an OHFA FHA, VA, USDA-RD or conventional mortgage loan:
- Your Choice! Down Payment Assistance
- Ohio Heroes
- Grants for Grads
- Mortgage Tax Credit
- OHFA Advantage
- Target Area Loan
- FHA Weatherization
- Next Home
Downloadable Lender Documents
Downloadable Lender Participation and Informational Forms
- Lender Participation Requirements (47 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Program Origination Guidelines (157 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Origination and Sale Agreement for Market Rate Program (141 KB Adobe PDF File)
- First Amendment to Mortgage Origination and Sale Agreement (14 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Second Amendment to Mortgage Origination and Sale Agreement (13 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Tax Credit Guidelines (238 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Tax Credit Participation Agreement (217 KB Adobe PDF File)
- First Time Homebuyer Program Conventional (131 KB Adobe PDF File)
- First Time Homebuyer Program Government (86 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Freddie Mac HFA Advantage / OHFA Advantage (117 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Tax Credit Basic (112 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Tax Credit (MTC) Plus Conventional (132 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Tax Credit (MTC) Plus Government (88 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Next Home Conventional (119 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Next Home Government (80 KB Adobe PDF File)